Conjura are hiring a Business Development Manager!
Conjura: the company
Conjura is a technology company that specialises in something we call Data Foresight. By combining consultancy expertise with a pioneering technology platform, we’re making state-of-the-art customer data analytics accessible to consumer-facing businesses and private equity companies. Data Foresight gives our clients the opportunity to influence many business objectives, changing the outcome in their favour.
For the companies we work with, we identify what data will make the difference, and transform it quickly and cost-effectively from a wide range of sources through our pioneering Data Convergence Hub into something clear, reliable and easy to manage. This multiple-source, through-time approach provides a far more accurate picture of what is really happening in their world, and more meaningful guidance on where opportunities lie and which actions will change the outcome.
Our head office is based in Dublin, located in Clonskeagh near the UCD campus. The business development role will be based in our London office
Working at Conjura
Working at Conjura isn’t for the faint hearted. We’re always reaching for the latest approaches, tools and technology to enable ourselves to move fast. But we are more than just data analysis machines. So, we’re going to come right out and say it.
We think we’re fun to work with. Yes, yes, they all say that, but we really are. In fact, for data nerds, we’re almost human, we even go to the pub sometimes. We like the work, we find it interesting, and that probably makes us easier to work with. We actually like talking to people…
But it goes further, because our team builds deep trust relationships with our clients and our clients enjoy talking to us, they all listen to what we say! They want to talk to us more, not less, and we take that as a good sign. We must be doing something right. We make an effort. That needs saying. We work hard, and we’re disciplined. We want the best for each client. That definitely needs saying. We want the best for each other. And there’s nearly always a way to make that happen. That’s why we come to work, and that’s how it is to work at Conjura.
Being the Business Development Manager at Conjura
The individual for this role will become the interface between Conjura and its private equity Clients. The applicant can expect to:
- Delve deeply into the portfolio of companies owned by each and every private equity firm you speak to and understand targets that Conjura can assist with its powerful and unique data convergence hub
- Develop strong, lasting and critical relationships with a host of small, medium and very large private equity clients.
- Forge strategic partnerships that generate a high volume of new business leads and support the company’s growth goals.
- Work closely with operating partners in each and every private equity firm to ensure Conjura is considered anytime a firm acquires, sells or bolts on a direct to consumer business into its portfolio.
- Use Conjura’s analytics products to help partners understand the Conjura value add during the exclusivity period.
- Contribute to our expanding knowledge base into the art and application of analytics, supporting the development of our technology products and services.
- Spend time with other service providers to ensure Conjura has a true understanding of deals being actively pursued. Including Banks, advisors, brokers, lawyers and auditors.
- Degree combined with 5+ years working in a business development or a customer facing role.
- Ability to navigate complex organisations and build relationships with influencers and decision makers.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to understand various technical and commercial nuances within direct to consumer businesses.
- Experience working with private equity and/or venture capital firms.
- Understanding of fundraising, buy and sell side processes.
- A strong network of leadership contacts and investors in consumer businesses.
- Curiosity – We NEED to know about our customers’ businesses, what makes the businesses tick and what will make it better. We continuously sharpen our skills and keep up to date with the latest approaches to analytics.
- Collaboration – Yes we have degrees and PHDs, and we have done amazing things with data, but when we join Conjura we check our ego at the door. This is because, as individuals, we don’t have all the answers. The excellence of our team is shaped from multiple points of view and backgrounds working collaboratively. At the same time we are equally at home working independently – sometimes we need to take ownership.
- Trustworthiness – We are trusted to produce accurate insights from commercially sensitive data sets. We must employ analytical rigor and quantitative reasoning skills.
- Nimbleness – We need to flex when our client’s business, customers or market changes!
- Clarity – We must simplify complexity and explain value points to time poor, inexpert stakeholders. We have a passion for communicating ideas with data and technology.
You should meet most of these role qualifications:
These would also be helpful in the role: