Gifts Direct began life as a small gift service in 1987 and has grown to become Ireland’s leading online gifts company. It carries over 2,000 gifts online ranging from gift vouchers, hampers, personalised gifts, jewellery, baby gifts and more – www.giftsdirect.com
The following challenges were identified
- Gifts Direct reviewed ROI performance on a weekly basis, via a report which pulled data from a number of sources, including its ERP system.
- The report was time-consuming to produce.
- As it was only produced once a week, it did not always uncover opportunities – the time-delay was blocking ad-spend optimisation.
The following solutions were implemented
- Our data engineers started off with a diagnostic on Gifts Direct’s website analytics set up, and we implemented the necessary improvements in preparation for the solution.
- Next, our custom-built API connectors extracted Gifts Direct’s marketing spend data along with their website analytics and payment data.
- Our team of data scientists then cleaned and joined this data.
- Our business analysts interpreted and refined the data and provided powerful dashboard insights such as CPA and ROI by channel, campaign and device. All of these insights now auto-update every 24 hours based on the latest data.
Our insights had a big impact
Based on these insights, Gifts Direct:
- Continually evaluate performance at channel, campaign and device level.
- Regularly re-allocate spend based on changing market dynamics, investing in channels and campaigns that are performing well, and cutting spend on those that are not.
- Boosted revenue by 10% in 2017, while holding ad spend constant.
They continue to review these metrics on a daily basis, optimising their spend based on current performance.