Pinergy (www.pinergy.ie) helps its customers to understand and reduce their energy consumption, waste and energy cost through its smart technologies and sustainable energy solutions
The following challenges were identified
- Pinergy’s offerings span both B2B and B2C, and they acquire customers via a variety of channels.
- They decided to dig deeper into their core metrics, including customer churn rate (the % of customers that leave Pinergy).
- While their churn rate was quite low, they believed that certain channels or customer types were churning more than average, and thus were not a profitable cohort.
The following solutions were implemented
- Our data analysts began with a review of Pinergy’s web analytics set up and CRM data.
- With a large customer base, and physical assets such as connections to Ireland’s electricity network, the data set was rich, but complex.
- Eventually, our analysts were able to join the relevant data sources and provide cohort & LTV analysis.
We now provide Pinergy with ongoing data insights via a suite of dashboards that are updated regularly.
Our insights had a big impact
Based on these insights, Pinergy:
- Identified customer cohorts that were un-profitable over time and halted their efforts to acquire these customers.
- Identified underperforming channels of acquisition, and shut them down.
- Grew their average CLTV (Customer Lifetime Value) by 30%.
- Impact: 30% increase in CLTV – 7-figure impact on topline recurring revenue.