We may collect and process the following data about you
- Information that you provide us by completing forms on our site conjura.com, such as our newsletter sign-up and demo scheduling forms. This includes contact details such as name, email address, job title and phone number.
- Information that you upload to, or share through, our site by using our services including profile information or any personal information in data that you upload.
- If you contact us for customer or technical support, we may keep a record of that correspondence or conversation.
- Information we receive from third party search engines such as Google, Yahoo and Microsoft (Bing and MSN) relating to your search queries that brought you to our site.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources that you access.
Web analytics & activity logging
- We use a web analytics tool (Google Analytics) to analyse site usage, how our users arrive at our site, what they do on the site, what browser they are using and on what operating system etc.
- We use an activity logging and customer service software (Intercom.io) in the platform so we can determine where errors happen when using the software, and can help give you a better, more personalised experience.
We use a number of different cookies on our site. Cookies are small text files stored on a user’s computer by their web browser, designed to store basic information. For more information on cookies please visit allaboutcookies.org
We use the following cookies:
1: Session Cookies
Webpages have no memories, thus a user going from page to page will be treated as a completed new visitor. We use a session cookie to remember what information you have already provided to the website so you don’t get asked for the same information again. We also use a session cookie to remember your state (logged in or not logged in) on app.conjura.com so you don’t have to re-authenticate every time you click on a new page. More information on session cookies and what they are used for at: allaboutcookies.org
2: Persistent Cookies for Site Analytics and Performance
We also use persistent cookies set by Google Analytics to analyse site usage, how our users arrive at our site, what they do on the site, what browser they are using and on what operating system etc., so we can improve the user experience.
You can find out more about Google’s position on privacy as regards its analytics service at: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245
We use device and browser fingerprinting to generate a unique Fingerprint ID for visitors to our site. Device and browser fingerprinting uses information such as device screen resolution, timezone and browser version to assign a unique ID to a visitor. You can find more information about this open-source technology here: https://amiunique.org/
This information helps us to more effectively measure the performance of different marketing channels. Note: device and browser fingerprinting can not and does not tell us anything about what our visitors do beyond www.conjura.com – this information is of no interest to us.
Fingerprint IDs & GDPR
Fingerprint IDs do not, on their own, identify a person. However, combined with other data (eg. CRM data), it is possible to link a Fingerprint ID to an individual, and thus, Fingerprint IDs are PII. GDPR offers 6 bases for holding PII, one of which is Legitimate Interest. The Data Protection Network has produced a guidance paper on the use of Legitimate Interest as a legal basis, and outlines a Legitimate Interests Assessment (LIA) for companies to use:
The UK Information Commissioner’s Office (The UK’s independent authority set up to uphold information rights in the public interest) has expressed support for this approach. We have used this test as our basis for device and browser fingerprinting. If you wish to enquire about our assessment of this, or object to our use of Legitimate Interest as a method of collection in this case, please email email@example.com
Can I opt out of cookies?
We operate an implied consent policy which means that we assume you are happy with this usage. If you are not happy with this usage, then please don’t use Conjura’s website or services.
The links below explain how you can control cookies via your browser:
Alternatively, you may wish to visit aboutcookies.org which contains comprehensive information on how to do this on a wide variety of browsers. You will also find details on how to delete cookies from your computer as well as more general information about cookies. For information on how to do this on the browser of your mobile phone you will need to refer to your handset manual.
Please be aware that restricting cookies may have a detrimental effect on your user experience at Conjura.
Emails we send you include tracking whether the user has opened and clicked on the email and what traffic the email send our site. If you want to be sure that none of your email activity is tracked then you should opt out of Conjura’s emails which you can do on any unsubscribe link.